Sunday, November 9, 2014

La Junta

On Saturday I made a run down to La Junta, CO. and I am glad I did.   I needed to help my Dad pick-up some items that he had purchased and while I was in town I picked up a few items as well.   Not sure what I am going to do with the stuff I got, but I am sure I can find a use.

I bought three Model A transmissions and three Model A motors, and old AT&SF oil can and a wheel for a Model A.   Like I said not sure what I will do with them yet, but I am sure I can find something, plus wouldn't hurt to have a few extra parts around should I need them when the Zombie apocalypse takes place.   I wasn't able to bring the motors home yet, as they are heavy and we didn't have a way to load them.  I will have to head back down in a few months when I figure out what I am going to do to load them.

I also hauled back a bunch of stuff for my dad.   I got back late in the afternoon and spent the rest of the day unloading and cleaning up all the mice shit.   Most of this stuff had been sitting in a barn for years.

I also picked up some old tools that my Dad brought with him.  Most I believe are from his days at the Railroad.   I do have some ideas on what I am going to be able to do with them.   I struggle on if I want to leave them rusty or clean them up.  

After I finished up with my Dad and he headed home, I did a drive through my old hometown and look around.   I stopped by the only motor cycle shop in town.  It was there when I was a kid and it is still there today.   I inquired with the owner to see if he had a scrap pile.  At first he was a little stand offish, but then I introduced myself and he remembered me and parents from back in the day.   He pointed me at the junk pile and I loaded up.   I got a bunch of sprockets, piston heads, chains, starters, etc.   All the stuff I need to get me started with my Steampunk projects.

After catching up and leaving the cycle shop, I stopped into a small antique shop and did some looking around.   I found a few more old wrenches and some electrical insulators.   All good stuff that I can use.

No comments: