Thursday, June 16, 2011

Salomon Quest 4D GTX Hiking Boots


Took the night off from getting my miles in, will have to make it up tomorrow I guess. Needed to get some to do’s off my list so we can enjoy the weekend and I did so I am good.

The wind is coming up and the sky is turning dark. I really wish we would get some rain to cool things off and bring down the fire danger around here. Most likely another tease, probably a sprinkle or two and that will be it.

In the May 27th post, named Feeling the Burn. I mentioned that I had gotten some new boots. Currently I have about 60 trail miles on them and they are holding up well. These are the Salomon Quest 4D GTX Hiking Boots. I got mine on sale at REI and saved about $70.00.

These are quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces of gear. They are very comfortable to walk/hike in. The longest hike to date with them on is 10.5/miles and my feet were feeling great. They are waterproof and also breathe so that is a big plus to keeping you moving as well as not ending up with stinky feet. One fact that you have to get used to around here is that any boot/shoe that you were will quickly loose it's outer beauty but that happens when playing in the dirt.

The real test will be this winter when we are out in the snow. They need to keep your feet dry and warm because if they don’t it becomes not fun real fast.

Happy Hiking

No comments: