Monday, November 10, 2014

Fun in the Shop

I left work a little bit early this evening, just after 4 PM.    I ran over to the shop and put what kerosene I had into the heater.   I plugged it in and got it started and then drove over to Chief Petroleum and refilled my 6 gallon kerosene tank.  Come to think of it, I have about four different types of gas cans around.  Regular for the mowers, oil and gas mix for the weed eater, blower and chain saw and kerosene for the heater, so only three I guess.

I am lying sideways on the bed while writing this and I can hear a bird chirping out back, he must be cold.  The weather made a major change today. It was in the 50’s this morning and around noon everything changed.   The wind picked up, really gusting and the temperature dropped quickly.   When I left work at 4 PM, it was 25 degrees out.

Right now is snowing and blowing!

When I returned to the shop, it had heated up and I went to work.   I pulled out the table saw and made my mallets and handles for the croquet set.   I already knew what I wanted to do, so it went pretty quick.  I finished up with my cuts and headed home.

Nobody was ready to eat when I got home so we decided we would eat about 7:30 PM.   I headed back over to the shop and proceeded to work on getting my mallets and handles stained.  To see them stained gets me excited about what the finished product is going to look like.  Once I add the primary colors and urethane these, they are going to look awesome.


I dug out all my sprockets and tools and laid them out so I could see what I have.  Wow, I have some cool projects in my future.   I am coming up with all kinds of ideas on things I can create with these.  I talked with my neighbor who is a plumber and he said he could hook me up with all the steel pipe and joints I will need.  Offered up his pipe cutter and pipe threader.






While I was working I took a selfie.


No comments: