Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Where has the year gone?  I can’t believe that today is Thanksgiving.  Boy, the year has flown and is flying by quickly.  Here is wishing you and yours health, wealth and happiness and all the best on this Thanksgiving of 2014.

We have been cooking since about nine this morning.  The plan is to eat around two this afternoon.   The boys will be here and I think Eric is bringing a guest.   It is really starting to smell good.   It is eleven now and Candy is loading the turkey into the oven. So what’s on the Menu?

·        Turkey
·        Dressing
·        Rolls
·        Green bean casserole
·        Ranch Spinach dip
·        Roasted Cauliflower
·        Pumpkin pie
·        Mashed Potatoes
·        Margarita Punch

Should be some pretty good eats!   I know we have a whole lot to be thankful for.

I had yesterday off as well as today and tomorrow so I need to take advantage of it.   I don’t see much happening today.   I checked the weather and tomorrow will be the day to hang the Christmas lights.   Need to get it done now as I will be traveling and super busy the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday I got over to the shop at about 10:30AM and returned home about 4:00PM.   I cleaned, seems like I am always cleaning all the time, from putting tools away to sweeping the floor.   I make some pretty big messes, so it gets dirty quick with my various activities, sandblasting, sawing, sanding, grinding, etc.

I had some croquet balls left from my most recent project.   I was standing in the garage juggling them trying to figure out what to do with them.  Throw them away, store them in a box, whatever.

Then it struck me, I should just make a set of juggling balls.  So that is what I did.  I gave the balls a quick sanding.  Screwed in a small hook into each of them and then hung them from wire.   Shook my spray paints and I away I went.   Between coats and while they were drying I worked on making a wood stand to hold them.

After a couple of coats they came out pretty nice.  I will say it is tough to paint round balls and not get any runs.


I had one of the Williams wrenches blasted and ready to do something with.   I taped off the ends and gave it a coat of primary and gold paint.   Not sure why I chose gold, but it looks pretty good.   Now I need to figure out what I am going to do with them.   I have some smaller wrenches and was thinking about making a tree.   Using one of these wrenches as the trunk and then use the smaller wrenches as top branches and use nuts and washers as leaves.

No comments: