Friday, January 27, 2023

What's Up This Week

This week flew by faster than I ever expected, leaving me scared about the amount of time I had left to do all the things that were on my list. Seems that as I get older the weeks fly by faster and faster,

Our street is still covered in snow/ice.  Just as it begins to melt we get another storm with snow.  Despite temps dropping into the single digits, I decided that it would be much more fun and exciting to ride my e-bike instead.

I bundled up in multiple layers of clothing (which surprisingly didn't make it more difficult to ride) and started cycling down the street. I tried to drive on the clear areas but for the most part it was packed snow and ice.  Took it slow and easy each day and never had any issues. The trails that I ride were also still snow packed and icy.

It was great to be out in the open air despite how cold it was outside (13), with nothing but me and my e-bike and my JBL Flip 4 blasting my Rockabilly playlist.  I love my playlist and it is so funny that when I come across people on the trail, they start dancing and give me a big thumbs up.  Just fun music and puts a big smile on my face each way to and from.   

The whole experience was so refreshing, not just physically but mentally as well; every single turn felt like an adventure as I tried to balance out on top of icy patches on the road while dodging traffic here and there! After what felt like forever - although it probably wasn't even close.

But despite the chilliness and how long it took me to get there, those 30 minutes spent riding were definitely worth it. There's something special about being out in nature in wintertime, when everything is blanketed in white snow and you can almost feel your troubles disappearing along with each pedal stroke you take.

No comments: