Sunday, January 22, 2023

Made It Home

I got home from Wichita this last Wednesday night.   I was supposed to be home before noon, but that quickly came and went.  The evening before I get a text, that my first flight had been cancelled and now I would depart around 12:45PM.   Well that came and went, long story short, I arrived at the airport at 10:15AM and we finally departed at 5:15PM.  Then when getting to DIA, I had a good 2.5 hour drive home on snow packed and icy roads.  Traffic wasn't moving to fast and that was a good thing.

Thursday morning I did get up and walk to work, it was a little cold but I did it.   Candy picked me up later that afternoon as we had a meeting we needed to attend.  Friday I drove to work and got home about 4:00PM.  Tonight was the big night, we were headed out to see Hairball.

Uber picked us up about 5:30PM, and we headed down to the Famous for a pre-dinner cocktail.  It was snowing out, but not to bad.  Which was good as we were going to be doing some walking when we got downtown.    I was surprised how busy the Famous was, we just bellied up to the bar and had a seat.  Our youngest son works there on Friday and Saturday nights.  So we got to see him and through him we have met many of the folks who work there.  Really nice people and they always have great things to say about Clark.

After we finished our drinks, we left and walked over to the Pikes Peak Center.  It was only about  half mile and it was actually fun to walk in the snow, even though it was cold it didn't feel that bad out.

We were able to quickly get into the Pikes Peak Center where we had tickets for dinner.  This is the first time we had purchased dinner tickets before the show.  It was really nice and the food was great.  So if you are looking for a fun night out, have dinner and see a show all at the Pikes Peak Center.

We were in our seats at about 7:50PM.  The place was filling up quickly and from what I understand it was a sold out show.   Even though this was just a cover band, I thought they did a really great job.  For Kiss they were in full Kiss costume and sounded really good, you would almost think you were at a Kiss show.  Next up was Van Halen, then Guns N Roses, White Snake, Def Leopard, Queen, Alice Cooper and more.

They would play 2 to 3 songs from each band.  There were two lead singers, so while one was doing one band, the other was back stage getting into costume for the next.   We had a great time, on our feet for two hours and singing along where we new the words and mumbled through the rest.

No comments: