Tuesday, January 17, 2023

On the Road

So on Sunday, I flew out to Wichita Kansas from Denver Colorado.  Headed out to see my mom for a couple of days.  Leaving tomorrow hopefully, but we are getting snow in Colorado and it looks like it is moving this way.  Just what I need as I have so much work to do.

Been a few months since I have been back and we are approaching the two your anniversary since dad passed.   Mom is doing what she can to stay in her home but it is getting more difficult as time goes by.   We had a doctors appointment this week and the list of issues she went through was just a glimpse of what we all have coming as we age.   

I am of the mind that I need to go out in a blaze of glory, not sure what that means as I don't want anyone else to be hurt, but racing to the top of Pikes Peak and driving off the edge with guns blazing would be one hell of a way to go.  I may get my fifteen minutes of fame only when I am gone.  No I am not suicidal, just creating content for the blog.

We have finished with the auctions and most of the items have been sold and removed. I
purchased a few things myself.  Not sure if I did it because I wanted the items or was just trying to get mom more money.

I did buy my dads old Farmall Model H Tractor.  Figured we might want to keep it around incase we needed to mow the runway at some point.

Now I am thinking I will haul it home on a trailer and then clean it up and get it going again.  I had it running last time I was here, but it took some finagling to get it going.  Not sure what I will do with it when I drag it home, but if the Ranchero is gone I will have a little room.


Hell maybe I will get into tractor pulls.  Just kidding, that's not for me.

I have a hard time when I come back and visit.  I find myself walking around the grounds and talking to my Dad, of course he doesn't' answer, but I am unsure what he would want me to do to help my mother.  She lives alone, she is out in the country and she struggles to get around. 



No comments: