Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Grass is Always Greener

How many times have we heard the cliche, “The grass is always greener on the other side?” But as I looked again at the picture I took yesterday, the grass is actually greener on the other side.

So let's see I did walk to work again today, but wussed out and caught a ride home again this evening.  When I left this morning Pebbles was giving me the look.  I was going solo and didn't want to take her to work.  She was bummed.  


So with the walk this morning that gets me up to 52.5 Miles.   Will try to do the round trip tomorrow.

When I got home this evening it was time to cook dinner.  I needed to get into the mood so put some tunes on. This evening it was Quarterflash and Aldo Nova.  We rocked out to both of these bands in the 80's.  Yep we are old.   I mean who do you know that shows up in a helicopter and jumps out wearing a leopard jumpsuit and then blow the doors open with his guitar.  I mean that is just awesome.  I wish I could get away with it.  

For dinner I cooked a steak, baked potato and a bag of salad.   Candy and I split the steak and each had a potato and salad.   I cooked the steak in an iron skillet with some butter.  We use our iron skillet all the time, everything just seems to taste great.  I cooked the potatoes in the microwave and pretty much dumped the bag of salad in a bowl.


On the way to work this morning I stopped and took a picture of the creek I walk along everyday.   As I was crossing the bridge and thought this was a great photo opp.

Once again we had a beautiful day.  It was in the 70's and we should have all been outside playing.  Hard to believe that tomorrow we are supposed to have snow and the temperature is going to drop down to 26.  That's Colorado!

I am ready for some snow.  It is very dry as we haven't had any moisture in several weeks and the fire danger is high.











No comments: