Sunday, November 20, 2016

Go La Junta Football

Oh boy what a great weekend here in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Yesterday it was in the 50's and today it got up to 68.  I spent most of the days outside soaking up the sun.   Hope it was as nice where you are.

Congratulations to all the players on the La Junta Football Team, The High School, and all the nice people in La Junta.  Way to go beating Bayfeild 14-13 in the Class 2A state semifinals.  Sorry I missed it and thank you for making all the Alumni so Proud!  Wishing you all the best for the State Championship against Kent Denver.


Making us Proud



So let's see, somewhat busy weekend around here.   I had plans to get up at 5:30 AM on Saturday, but that turned into getting out of bed at 8:30.  Yeah I slept it.  So what!

I gathered up all the ingredients for my pot roast.  I dug the roast out of the fridge and salted, peppered and put garlic on it.  Heated up the cast iron skillet and then seared the roast on both sides and on the edges where I could.

Placed it in the crock pot on low and then turned my attention to the vegetables.   Pealed several carrots and potato's.  Sliced up and onion and place them all on top of the meat.  Left the crock pot on low and left it cooking for the rest of the day.

Candy had a craft show she was working at the Church and had to be there at noon to start setting up.   That left me with some time to fill.   I got dressed and headed out for a hike, left about 11:00 AM.  I got back just after 1:30 PM and oh man the house was smelling great with the roast and vegetables cooking.

On Saturday I got just a little over 6 miles in.   I walked up Orion and then worked my way back home.  It is a pretty decent incline from our house, up Orion to Gold Camp Road.   Felt pretty good and I need to do more.




After I got home I hooked up the PS2 to the bedroom TV.   Clark brought it over and left me some games.  Now I have a couple of old Spyro the Dragon games and Ratchet and Clank that I can play.

Candy got home just about 6:00 PM and oh man I was ready to eat.  Hadn't eaten all day and had to smell the roast cooking.  I was ready.   We made some toast with butter and then had a great dinner.  Oh man the roast and all the vegetables were awesome.

I was feeling the incline from yesterday when I got up this morning.  Moving a little slow, I still got out and did 2.5 Miles.  I should have done more.

With Saturday and Sunday, that gets me just over 65/Miles.  I need to work hard as I would love to break a 100 this month.

No comments: