Friday, November 18, 2016

Goose Egg

So let's see, today I logged a big Goose Egg.  I took the day off and ended up driving.  My excuse is that it was 22 this morning......  Just an excuse.

Both our fountains had heavy ice on them, luckily they didn't freeze up.   I will be draining them tomorrow so that we won't have to worry about freezing.

O'l Brooks the cat is really fitting in to the family.   I think we have turned him into one of the dogs.  He goes out when the dogs do, eat 's when they do and he is playing with Pebbles and she is playing back.  They chase each other and have been sharing toys.

The squirrels have been on DEFCON 4 as of late.  Brooks likes to get out early in the morning when the squirrels are active.  He tries to catch them, but they are just to fast.   Brooks has taken to climbing the trees and the fence.  I came out the other day and found him sitting up in the tree.  He also likes to walk all along the fence and monitor his territory.

Speaking of squirrels, I found out who had been eating on the pumpkins.  I noticed that over a few days that the rind was being eaten off.  Well this morning I actually caught the culprit in the act.  I had no idea the squirrels liked pumpkin rind, but I guess they do.

As you can see this squirrel has been pretty active working on this pumpkin.  

In this pic, you can also see the dusting of snow that we got yesterday.

"Good-bye Max.  Good-bye Ma.
After the service when you're walking slowly to the car
And the silver in her hair shines in the cold November air

You hear the tolling bell. And touch the silk in your lapel

And as the tear drops rise to meet the comfort of the band

You take her frail hand. And hold on to the dream.

A place to stay. Enough to eat
Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
Where you can speak out loud. About your doubts and fears
And what's more no-one ever disappears


You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door.
You can relax on both sides of the tracks
And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
And everyone has recourse to the law
And no-one kills the children anymore." 


"The Gunners Dream"









No comments: