Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope that you had a great Memorial Day Weekend.   For us it was pretty low key.   We hung the flag and pretty much worked around the house for three days.   We have been doing some painting and had new carpet put into the bedrooms.   We are having the floor replaced in the main bath tomorrow.   So a lot going on and we are pretty disorganized, now trying to get organized and still finding stuff that we no longer need.

I have a bunch of projects that I want to work on, but just haven't had or made the time.   My walking stats are pretty much non-existent.   I did walk to work on Tuesday but opted for a ride home as it was raining with lighting.  Today I was in an off-site meeting and didn't walk.  I have to get back at it.  It is driving me nuts, but yet I can still find an excuse everyday why I can't get out and walk.

I did fire up the smoker this weekend.   I smoked up a Turkey, Chicken, Pork Roast and a Brisket.  Yeah it is a lot of meat, but we had the boys over most of the weekend and we had a couple over Sunday night.   So we ate up a lot of it and the rest we froze.  One night we had chicken and turkey.  The next night brisket and then I made green chili burrito's with the pork meat.

Note to self:  Take your good camera with you when you do get off you ass and walk.   


No comments: