Friday, June 17, 2016

Happy Friday

Time just keeps rolling on. Hard to believe it is already Friday; don’t get me wrong I am glad it is Friday but I have so much that I didn’t get done this week. Sadly it seems to keep piling up. Just keep after it, set goals and knock them down.

I had to drive on the 25 today. I left the house at 6:30 AM, hoping I would get out before the traffic got bad. I was pretty lucky, made it up to Denver in about 50 Minutes and the traffic was light. Coming home was a different story. Took me about 1 ½ to make the drive home. The traffic and the drive just tear me up.

I hope all you fathers are ready to celebrate this Father’s Day. I have been making a list of things I need to work on this weekend. Since the boy moved out, I need to do some patching and repainting in his old room. I also have on my list to make up a couple of bird feeder stands. The one we have is on its last legs. I thought maybe I would make an extra for a gift. I also want to work on building a new water feature. Not sure if I will get to it tomorrow, but will share some pics if I do.

Sunday I will be firing up the smoker and cooking up a beef brisket. Can hardly wait, looking forward to having smoked brisket for dinner. I think we also have margarita’s on the menu, so it should be a fun day.

This evening I put bird feed in the feeders, made up some new humming bird food, filled the fountains and the bird bath, watered all the plants and raspberries. I am pretty happy as things are really shaping up nicely around here. My raspberries are going crazy and it looks like we are going to have a bumper crop. I can hardly wait.

I did manage to get off my ass and walk to work three days this week. I really, really need to get back at it. I have already warned Donkey that we are heading out early in the morning.

Later folks and again have a great weekend.

No comments: