Sunday, August 2, 2015

Update

Where does the time go?  I have been so busy with work and everything needing to be done at home, that I have neglected to provide any updates.  Thankful to be so busy.

I mentioned that we were on KS. for the 4th of July.  I brought home a few goodies.  When I was there last Memorial Day my Dad and I started on a propeller and he finished it up after we left.  He gave it to me when we were home for the 4th.   

I did some sanding for final shaping and then  applied polyurethane and then taped off the tips and painted them yellow.  It came out really nice.  I have it in my office at work standing in the corner.  Looks really good.

For the 4th of July we had homemade ice cream.  My   parents made up a batch of cherry vanilla.  It was awesome!  The old ice cream maker was on it's final legs and we ended up having to hand crank towards the end.  It finally blew craps, but got us what we needed.  I brought home the bucket and turned it into a fountain.  I used steel pipe and fittings and a pump.  I lined the bucket with a 3.00 plastic bathroom trash can.  I cut it down to fit and it works great.  

We started with it in the backyard but then moved it to the front garden by the wheelbarrow I made.  



I am so ready to head out on PTO. It's just around the corner.  We are heading up to the Hoh rain forest and Olympic National Park to do some hiking.   I have 7 routes planned out for us and we should get about 40+ miles in,  We are staying on the Sol Duc river and I have been reading about the baits and methods of fishing the river. Looking forward to catching a steelhead or 

No comments: