Last week at the office on the entry table someone had left tickets to the Home and Landscape EXPO. There was a stack with a note that said "free tickets". I grabbed four of the them with thought that we could go. So instead of going for our hike we decided we would hike over to the Norris-Penrose Event Center and check out the EXPO. From our house it is about a mile and half. We cut through the BCP and the snow was still pretty deep. We made our way over the creek and up past the stables and then to the Events Center. Made a tour through the isles and checked out the various vendors. Anything you needed for the home or yard was being represented. Pretty much the same thing they had last year. We grabbed some information from a painting company, stucco and a handy-man service. Being that it was lunchtime we ordered and split a cheese burger and an order of fries. Sat and ate and watched the people. That was almost more fun than the EXPO it's self. Made our way back home the way we came.
The weatherman is saying that we are going to see 5 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow. Supposed to start early AM and snow most of the day.
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
Ingredients - (serves 10)
- 30oz bag frozen hash browns
- 1 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spray a large crock pot with non-stick spray then place half the hash browns in the bottom. Layer in half the cooked sausage, half the cheeses, and half the green onions. Then repeat hash browns, sausage and cheese layers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper, then drizzle over top. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until eggs are set. Serve with salsa or guacamole.