Saturday, September 13, 2014

Model A Day

I spent most of the day over at the shop goofing off.  I figured it was time to clean up the Model A.  It took me about 30 minutes to get it started, the battery was dead.   Once I got a little charge, she started right up.  

Let it warm up and then took it for a drive around the block.   Pulled back into the shop and did a quick walk around to see if there were any issues and or leaks.   All looked good so I drove around the block again and stopped in front of the house.   Left it running while I hooked up the hose and then sprayed off all the dust.  It had been a while since I cleaned it up and with all the work I have been doing in the shop, if have kicked up a considerable amount of dust.

I drove it back into the shop and proceeded to dry it off,  Once dry, I used a spray wax that I have and waxed it up.   It must have taken me a good hour to get it all done.  I was pretty happy with the result.  I let it run for a while to get a charge on the battery.

Once the red one was done, I turned my attention to the other Model A.  Same story with the battery, dead and had to put it on the charger.  I decided I would go ahead and shuffle up the parking now that I had some room with the Ranchero being gone.  Once it warmed up, I took it for quick spin around the block.   No issues to report, which was nice.  Got them both parked where I wanted them and shut them down.

My paint and body guy came by and picked up the floor pans I had ordered the the Ranchero.  He is going to cut out the old ones, that had some rust in them and replace them with these new ones.   If you are going to do it, you might as well do it right.

Eric came over for dinner this evening after working on the incline.  They were looking for volunteers to help cut in some new trails.  Candy dropped him off at 7:30 this morning and he had to hike up three miles and then work for 8 hours.   I forgot to ask him what he did for lunch, if he had to take it or they provided it.   He seemed to learn a lot about how to put in new trails and how the helicopters deliver the supplies on platforms that they build as they work there way up the mountain.  Kinda wish I had gone and helped.

No comments: