Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tucker & Dale

Woke up at 7:30 AM and decided that was too early.  Went back to sleep and woke up again at 10:30 AM.   I must have been tired, which I was because I stayed up until 2:30 AM watching the movie Tucker & Dale vs Evil.   I thought it was pretty funny.

 
Anyway after getting out of bed, I got dressed and we went out on little 2/mile walk.  It was nice out today, guessing in the 40’s when we left the house.   When we got back I tried a recipe from Birds & Blooms magazine to make up a new batch of Bird food.

The recipe made cupcakes but I just made two cakes.  The cakes I made were large enough that they will fit in a feeder I have.   Here is the recipe if you are interested.  I will keep you posted on how it goes and if any birds visit and eat it.

Melt 1 cup shortening and 2 cups chunky peanut butter over low heat, then mix in 5 cups cornmeal.   Fill cake pans and top off with your choice of nuts, birdseed or dried berries.  Cool in the fridge or freezer.   I used black sunflower seeds to top mine off.

Finished working on the stained glass window.  We got it hung this evening and it looks great.  The solution was easier than what I thought it would be.  I found a three ft extension cord so using it that solved my spacing issue.




No comments: