Sunday, January 20, 2013



Put a roast in the crockpot and then cut up the celery, carrots, onions, potatoes, added the vegetables and then my spices.   Set the crockpot to low and then headed out the door for a quick walk. Walking down our street I passed six deer roaming through the hood.  Yesterday when we came home from the store, we had eight deer in the front yard, eating oak nuts from the scrub oaks trees.   The nuts they eat look just about the piles they leave.  Worked my way down around the park and then back to the house, 2/miles round trip.  Once again the weather was great and it was great to be outside.

When I returned to the house I loaded the truck with items I need to get over to the shop and everything I would need to clean the Avalanche.   Candy followed me over to the shop and she cleaned and wiped out the inside of her car.  I picked up all the tools I had left out from when I was working on the truck.   Once we finished I fired up the Corvette and we took a drive up Highway 24 and through downtown Manitou Springs.  Once back I locked everything up and set the alarm as I left.

I drove the Avalanche over to drive-thru car wash to get it cleaned up.   They have free vacuums that you can use when you come out the other end.   I spent a good hour and a half cleaning and detailing the inside and out.   Looks pretty damn good!

The Pot Roast was awesome!

Happy Hiking

No comments: