Saturday, June 23, 2012

Salt Lake City, UT


I was in SLC this week for business.   We had client meetings with two companies in the area on Wednesday.   I got up at 4:30AM and showered and got dressed.  I was on the road to DIA at 5:15/AM and arrived at 6:40AM. We had our meetings and both went well.  I dropped my coworkers off downtown after the meetings.  They had a late evening flight home and they were going to have dinner.

I have an uncle that lives outside of SLC in the country, so I stayed an extra day to hang out with him and play some golf.   I got to his house about 7pm on Wednesday and we headed out to have some dinner. 

That next morning we were at the course at around 8:30AM.   We didn’t have a tee time and it wasn’t an issue, no one else was around.  I was at the register ready to pay the green fees and then the owner came out and told us it was on the house, whatever we needed.  My uncle does some plumbing work for the golf course owner, so they must be pretty tight with each other.  That was the first time I have ever gotten to play golf for free.  

The course was in decent shape and it was pretty wide open so I didn’t loose too many balls.  I had two decent rounds, at least for me.   I definitely need to get out and practice if I want to improve my game.  It’s tough to do, expensive and eats up a lot of time.

At my uncle’s house they had some columbine growing in the flower garden.  I hadn’t seen any of this color before.  Around here the ones in the wild are purple and white. This was a larger and very healthy plant.

When we got back, we cleaned up and went and had an early dinner.   Said our goodbye’s and I headed off to the airport. 

No comments: