Sunday, October 2, 2011

Let the Vacation Begin!

I am on vacation this week. Nothing major planned just working around the house and getting miles in. This morning we did 3.5/miles up through the park. I am so glad that we got out. Fall/Winter is quickly approaching and it’s going to be getting cold soon.

Feel kind of bad about taking time off right now. But there never seems to be a good time. We have a lot going on around work and need to strive while the iron is hot as they say.

My other project this week and to get our basement re-finished. We started this project about a month a go by ripping out the carpet, pad, base boards. On Saturday I got the ceiling painted and today I got a coat on the walls and most of the cut in done. I should be able to wrap up paint by tomorrow evening and then will be ready to start working on the flooring.

For the ceiling we used Toasted Marshmallow 76OC-1 and the walls we covered with Toffee Crunch 700D-5. It looks pretty good together. For the floor I am laying Allure floating resilient plank flooring. Looking forward to see how this goes. I read the owners manual and have watched a couple of videos. I hope to get started on the floor by tomorrow night, no later than Tuesday.

Happy Hiking

No comments: