Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Fathers Day

It was a nice day around here.  Didn't get too hot today, I think we got into the high 70's, low 80's.  Was a nice day to be outside.  I was up at 6 AM and got the smoker going.   I had added the charcoal last night and had the wood soaking.  All I had to do was get the coals going.   

I put a brisket on at 7 AM.  The heat was just right at around 225.  Candy cooked up some eggs and reheated some bacon that we had cooked yesterday for breakfast.  It was a great way to start the day.   Dug out the lawn mower and mowed the yard and ran the weed eater around the edges.  

At noon I had to open the lid on the smoker and added some trout. The trout smoked for an hour and then I took it off.   We cut up some cheese and had some grapes and strawberries.  It was wonderful, we ate it with crackers.


After lunch, I headed back out to the smoker and pulled the brisket off the smoker and wrapped it in foil.  Once it was all wrapped I placed it on a cookie sheet and baked in the oven for three hours at 300.

With the weather so nice we spent most of the day in the backyard. Yesterday we bought a ladder ball game and played this afternoon out in the yard.  Had a great time playing but the ladder was a piece of crap and ended up breaking shortly after we started.  Fixed it with some duct tape.  I am sure I could build my own.


No comments: