Saturday, May 30, 2015

Tilling

I slept in a little this morning, got out of bed at 10:30 AM.  Had some coffee and checked the Ipad to see what was going on in my world.  Candy had me get up in the attic and get some boxes of fabric down.   She has been sewing and is ready to start making us some quilts.

I have been planning on making a second yard art flower.  I had an old axle in the backyard and loaded it up and took it over to the shop.   I cut off the wheel mount with the grinder.  Then I welded a cam shaft from and airplane motor.  The flower is an old tilling wheel that I picked up.   The horse hames on the bottom where an after though but I think they look good.  I took it home and we put it in the front garden.


We left the house at 4:00 PM and went and had dinner.  Afterwards we stopped at Hobby Lobby.  Candy got a quilting book and I got some bronze paint and small clock faces.   When we got home I started working on my next piece.  I cut out a picture from my Star Wars poster book.  Painted the canvas with the bronze paint.  After it dried it took some modge podge and stuck the picture on and then started attaching the gears and clock faces.   I call this one Gears in Time, a tribute to release of the new Star Wars movie.  So in a way I guess you could say the boys got the band back together.  I still have work to do on this and will try to finish it up tomorrow.




No comments: