Saturday, January 17, 2015

Wood box

I didn't get out of bed this morning until 10AM.   Felt great to sleep in and catch up on sum needed ZZZ's.  I took Pebbles out for our walk, we went through the park and then a quick loop through the dog park.  Pebbles did great and we didn't have any issues with others.

It was nice out today, so I washed the truck and filled it with gas.  then headed over to Hobby Lobby to pick up some urethane.  With it being so warm out, this was the time to finish my plywood box.  I wiped it all down and cleaned off the sanding dust.  Then shot it with two coats for urethane allowing it to dry between each coat.


This piece definitely has an aged look to it.   I need to get some handles that match the other hardware color.   I think Candy is going to keep it at the foot of the bed.   She plans to fill it with yarn and it works great to sit on and put on your shoes.



No comments: