Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  Wow what a year 2014 was and I am looking forward to 2015.   We are going to ROCK!  In life, work, love, it is going to be a great year.  (Dennis: "Party on, Candy." Candy: "Party on, Dennis.")

So I shook things up this year for New Years.   Instead of sitting at home and most likely going to bed at 10 PM,  I booked us a room at the Broadmoor and got us tickets to the New Years Eve Gala.  

We had a great time, danced most of the night, had a great meal and drank enough for eight people.  Yeah we rocked it.   It was a great party, most likely 3K+ people in attendance, a full orchestra and rock band and they played music from the 1920's to current.    We got to meet some very nice people and what I found most surprising is that everyone we met was NOT from Colorado Springs. This was a great way to close out the year and start anew.   

We had an awesome room.  I upgraded us to a suite and we had a large room, with a fire place and balcony over looking the lake and the west building.   It was a great evening and I am looking forward to doing it again next year.

I have to say the Pebbles has been good for me.   With my fitbit and Pebbles I have been trying to get out and walk everyday.   I have been doing great, except for one day and that is because it never got over 5 degrees.

Here is an image from my fitbit dashboard showing my distance.

We got snow today, if I had to guess I would say at least four inches.   I shoveled our driveway and then did our neighbors 
down the street.  When I finished we took Pebbles out on a hike.   It was great to be out, a little cold but we were making fresh tracks on the freshly fallen snow.  A light snow was falling as we were walking.   Candy got a great picture of Pebbles while she was checking our her surroundings.


No comments: