Saturday, May 25, 2013

Welcome Back

Sorry race fans, I have been out of pocket with no updates for the last week.   I started a new diet and workout schedule.   It is starting to pay off and I can tell the difference in how I feel and the new numbers on the scale.  My diet has consisted of mainly fruit and vegetables.  Been eating a salad of some sort each night for dinner and having a cup of fruit for lunch each day.  I haven’t had any sodas, sports drinks, fancy coffees, pretty much just water, with a few fruit smoothies.

I have spent an hour or more on the treadmill for the last 7 days.  Mix up my walking with some running.  Trying to get to a 10 minute mile and a sixty minute duration.   I am up to about 30 minutes of running and 30 walking.  I have been sticking with my diet, it has been tough.  Using the myfitnesspal app to track all my calories consumed and burned.

Had a pretty big day today,  I pulled and old arborvitae up out of the ground that we had planted a couple years ago.  I pulled the other two last year.   The nursery we go them from planted them, and honestly I don’t think they had a clue.   I transplanted another lilac to replace the arborvitae.  Now I have six of them along the back fence.   The ones I planted last year have really taken off, almost 6ft tall now and the even had blooms on them this year.   They were small but at least they bloomed.

We loaded up the dead arborvitae in the truck and headed over to Bott and worked on the yard and flower garden.   Candy worked out front and cleaned out the flower garden.   It was a mess, full of leaves and little aspen tree’s shooting up.  I dug out the weed eater and ran it along the fence and then mowed the front and backyard.   I sprayed ground killer in the rock garden to kill the weeds coming up.   Loaded up all the trash from Bott and headed off to dump it.

Last year I planted a raspberry and blueberry bush.   The blueberry didn’t come back, but the raspberry is looking great.  I didn’t think it would come back, but I am guessing I am going to have a bumper crop of raspberries.

Friday I mowed the yard at the house, it was getting pretty tall in spots.  The yard is a mess and I don’t see it getting better with the water restrictions we are under.   I have some big brown spots, not sure if it’s a bug or fungus.   Today is our water day so I ran the sprinklers.   Looks like I have another leak that I am going to need to dig up and splice in new pipe.   I have some heads that need some re-alignment and a couple that need replaced.

Last couple of days we have been getting the corvette out.   On Wednesday we met up with a friend of mine and his wife, he drives a sixty eight mustang.  We cruised each other up and down Colorado Avenue in old Colorado City, turning heads as we rolled.   Ended up parking at Sonic and sat at the tables and chit chatted while we had dinner.   It is tough to eat at Sonic when you are on a diet.  Friday night we drove it downtown and had dinner at Rasta Pasta.

Big day tomorrow, Clark is graduating from CMHS, “he’s a big boy now”.   The ceremonies are being held at the World Arena at 1:30 PM.   We will make sure to get plenty of pictures.


Happy Hiking!



No comments: