Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mothers Day


Damn that was fun!  Had a great Mother’s Day Weekend!  On Saturday, Clark called me at 6:30 AM, and let me know I was scheduled to work the door at the CMHS for the dive meet.    I rocked out of bed and hit the shower.   I threw on my Slash T, a pair of jeans and my skull vans.    Got to the school just a little before 7:00 AM.    I worked the door until 9:30 AM and then grabbed a seat in the bleachers to watch the meet.    Clark did OK today, he ended up in sixth place, and he was trying a couple new dives that he wants to do in state.

I did manage to get 4.3/Miles in on the treadmill.   For the last three days, I have spent an hour on the treadmill, walking and running.    I am trying to get some weight off, and running is the fastest way to do it.   This brings my weekly total up to 26/Miles.   Glad to be home and trying to get back in the groove.
I baked up some chicken thighs for dinner and candy made a salad.  After dinner we decided we need to get out of the house, so we went to the movie to see The Great Gatsby, it was pretty decent with some good actors.   Candy was surprised because we rarely go to an evening movie, most of the time we catch a matinee because it’s cheaper.

This morning, Candy and I took the dogs over to the dog park for a walk and to play in the creek.   They both had a great time, and go nut’s when we say the work walk.  Mable starts talking and crying like a baby in the Wal-Mart.

When we got home, Candy made some chicken salad sandwiches and we loaded up a couple of packs with food.   We had the sandwiches, chips, pudding, oranges, raspberry tea.    We drove up to the top of GCR and parked and then hiked to a nice rock out cropping.  We climbed up to the top and found a place to sit down and have a little picnic.    This is what Candy wanted to do for Mother’s Day, and I have to say it was a great way to spend it.   The sun was out, in the 70’s.  We had all taken jackets but opted to leave them in the car. It was nice to have Eric and Clark with us, and I think they enjoyed themselves.  I got this picture of Candy and the boys.

We ran over to HD and got a few plants for the backyard and spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up the backyard and planting our new flowers.

No comments: