Monday, April 27, 2015

General Store Hardware Cabinet

I mentioned that I had picked up a new toolbox.   It appears that this piece was probably a parts drawer in a general store. I snagged this at the auction a couple of weeks back and have been migrating my tools over.

I took some liquid gold to it, and cut felt for the bottom of the drawers.  I think this is going to work out awesome for what I want to use it for.  It fits great and so far most of my tools fit.

From what I can tell it was made by  Riverside Hardware Cabinet Farwell Ozum Kirk & Co. St. Paul Minn. I have only found one other like this on the web, except it was bigger with 220 drawers.

In the picture the white tabs are labels, these are the only drawers I have used so far.  I will have lots of room to grow.

In the picture below, if you look to the right middle you will see some gas masks hanging on a hook.  I have plans to make up some steampunk masks.  


No comments: