Saturday, November 26, 2011

Wow, I don’t even know where to begin.  I guess first here is wishing you a belated Happy Thanksgiving.   Hope you had a great day and enjoyed time with friends and family and you were able to take count of all the things you are thankful for. 

Around our house for Thanksgiving Day it was Candy, Eric, Clark and I here for dinner. Candy did all the cooking and she did an awesome job!   We had turkey and all the fixings.   We just finished off the turkey this evening with turkey noodle soup. 

With this being a short week, I took the first three days of it off for vacation.   More like a working vacation but I did manage to get a few things completed this week.  I guess let’s start at the beginning.

I spent most of the week working on Clark’s room trying to get it completed before I leave town next week.   I am happy to report that the room is finished and tomorrow we can move Clark back in. 

I pretty much replaced everything.   I put in new doors and door frames.  All new flooring, paint and oak trim.   I started out by painting the ceiling and walls first and then laid the floor.   A lot of time was spent on the staining of the doors and door frames.   I had already stained the trim so that was out of the way.   All together this project took me eight days to complete.   This looks a whole lot better than what we had down there before.   Clark should be pretty jazzed once we get hit settled back in.

So a quick mileage update for the month of November.   To date I have managed to get 40.5/miles logged.  Not bad but not great!  I need to get out tomorrow and get a few extra miles in.  Especially after all the eating I have been doing this week.

On Tuesday I headed out and did a 7/mile loop.   I took a little different route this time than I normally do when I cross the mountain.   Hiked up to GCR and then headed up the side of the mountain.   This new trail was pretty much all incline and I could feel it.  I hope to be able to do it again tomorrow.  I need to do it again tomorrow.

I did manage to snag a few nice pictures while I was out.   I came across two pretty cool looking nests.   The first one pictured is an old wasp’s nest.  Luckily the tenants had moved on.  This second picture, I am not sure what type of nest it is, but I am guessing a squirrel nest.  Also found a nice Magpie posing as well as a couple of deer grazing.



Even had time to get the Christmas decorations out and up both inside and out.   Looks like the Christmas holiday is on it's way.

Happy Hiking

No comments: