Sunday, November 13, 2011

I wouldn’t normally say this but man I am glad the weekend is over.  It has been crazy busy around here this weekend and I don’t see it slowing down.  Of course it is my own fault so I guess I can’t really complain.

Saturday morning a friend of mine showed up and we started tearing out the windows in the basement bathroom and the bedroom.   They came out easy and the new ones went in just as easy.  We started at 9am and were done by noon.

Once that was done my buddy left and I started the demolition on the basement bedroom.   Managed to get all the carpet, pad and trim removed.   It went pretty quick except for removing the carpet tack strips.

I am also replacing all the interior doors and frames in the basement.  This should be fun as I haven’t done this before, but doesn’t look to tuff.

It was crazy windy here in the springs yesterday and through the night.  Over at the Bott house we had two sections of fence blow down.   This morning candy I ran over there and got everything nailed back up.

From there we headed over to Red Rock Canyon and did a quick two mile loop.  Saw a coyote down in the valley.  I snapped this picture but it is not great.  Had some great views of Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods.

We got all the carpet, pad and trim loaded up in the back of the truck.  The dump is closed on Sunday’s and it won’t be until Tuesday that I can get over there and unload.  That’s ok as I still have a few more trim pieces to remove from the hallway.




No comments: