Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Walking to work and back


So I have sprinkled pictures of what I have come across this week while walking to or from work or out in the backyard. I should break the 100 mile mark tomorrow for the month. Not one of my best but getting back up there. I feel that my blog looks baron when I post pictures and there is not content to go with it. So the rest of this is about my upcoming trip to Kansas.

I get pretty excited around the 4th of July, don’t you? I get excited as it is a time to visit with family who I only get to see maybe once or at the best twice in a year. This year only Candy, Clark and I will be going to Kansas. Eric will be staying back as he has to work. We will all gather at my parent’s house for the 4th and have a big barbeque, play some horse shoes, drink a little, blow shit up, drink a little and catch up with each other on life’s events. My mom comes from a large family of six brothers and three sisters, so with uncles, aunts, cousins, 2nd cousins, girl friends, boy friends, in-laws and outlaws we have a pretty big group.

That evening we break out all the night works and put on a show. In years past my cousin was able to get his hands on some professional grade fireworks. Oh boy, what a blast! Hey if you don’t come away with a few burns then you’re not doing it correctly. But at the same time you need to watch your ass and as my wife would say when people show up in the emergency room “Chances are Alcohol was involved”!

I believe his source dried up last year. But even so with what you can get at a fireworks stand is still enough to do bodily injury if you not careful. So be careful out there this year and remember that we are celebrating our independence as a country/nation as well as those who are still fighting to help us keep it today!

My sister, her husband and two daughters will be there and it has been a year since I have seen them. This last weekend Candy and I were out shopping and I picked up a few little goodies for my nieces. These should keep them occupied for a while.

Few all pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/drobincorvette/20100628#

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: