Sunday, July 14, 2019

Jam Packed!

Wow, what a week, what weekend.  We managed to keep ourselves occupied for the last two days.  We spent a large amount of time walking around and catching Pokemon.   On Saturday morning, we hit all the gyms in our park.  Walked up and down Old Colorado City and then headed Downtown.  

We had lunch to refuel downtown and then right back out at it.   A gym battle was about to begin and you could identify the other Pokemon players waiting for it to start.  About 15 people in total.  We crossed the street and joined the raid battle when it began.   Actually won my first level 5.  This was the first time I had participated in one, it was exciting. 

We then followed the crowd to the next raid battle.   Candy and I got to fight in three raid battles altogether.  It was a lot of fun.  This is a picture of Candy trying to catch the all exclusive Dito.  I felt bad as I caught one yesterday and today.  Well, I guess that's how it goes.  Altogether we covered 5.5 miles on our hunting trip.

Eric and Shannon were taking a class at the hospital, preparing them for our new arrival.  Guess he had to watch a video of a birth, to get him prepped.   They got to see the birthing room and had a class on what to expect.   He kept sending us pictures, he sent this one and I thought it was pretty funny.

We got back home a little after 3 pm.   We relaxed for a few and then cleaned up and got ready to head back out.   We had tickets for the Pikes Peak Center to see Steve Martin and Martin Short.  We found a parking spot and walked about a block.  It was a pretty full house.  Our decision to go was kinda last minute and had seats up in the balcony.  They were actually decent.  

The show was a lot of fun.  They dogged on each about who was funnier.   Had some pretty funny skits.  I picked up a few jokes I will be looking to use.

I was were getting ready to leave this morning, I thought it would be a good day to wear my hat.  I took this selfie before we left.   I was pretty happy, but this picture makes me look like a grump.

This morning we got out the front door about 9:15 am.  We headed out to the flea market to see what exciting junk we couldn't live without.  It was hot this morning and walking out on the pavement didn't help.  I picked up a pair of handheld CB radios for five dollars.  Not sure what I will do with them yet.  Candy got a book and a few other odds and ends.   They cherry limeade we shared cost more than what we spent on junk.

We then headed south down to Security.   Made our way to the frisbee golf park.   I didn't have any frisbee's with me but the park has several Pokemon gyms and stops.  We walked around and caught pokemon and enjoyed the beauty around us.

Once we finished we drove into Security and had lunch.  We had Mexican, I had eggs and chorizo and Candy had a burrito.  Now we were off to the Foutain Creek Nature Trail.   I had never been to it before, but from looking on the map, it looked like a good Pokemon hunting ground.  It was and we had a lot of fun walking through the park.  Below are a few photos.











No comments: