Sunday, July 7, 2019

End of the Week

Wow, the 4th of July Holiday has come and gone.   It was nice that it was on a Thursday, plus I had Friday off so made for a short week at work.

I hope that you had a great 4th.  We celebrated here at home this year.  It was actually very low key.  I popped a total of 3 firecrackers in the backyard.  We grilled up some hotdogs, cut up a cantaloupe opened a bag of chips and away we went.  We ate outside on the patio and I snapped a selfie of myself.  I hope that it doesn't scare you off.   It kinda scares me. LOL

So I had a good week of walking.  I managed to get 28.7/miles, so I am feeling good about that.  Not a record-breaker for me, but a good start at getting back after it.

Oh man, talk about some work.  On July 5th, I had a fence post to replace.   That was the reason I took the day off.  The post had rotted off at the bottom and didn't help, that this was also the place in the fence that the bear liked to climb over.

I worked and got the panels off, from the post and supported them with some 2x4's so they would stay up while replacing the post.  I then started digging up where the post had been set and found that when they put it in, they did not go short on concrete.   It took me a good two hours just to dig out around it.  I had to get Candy to help me get the concrete ball out.  She was on the prey bar while I pulled it out.   Not looking forward to the others that will also need to be replaced.

Resetting the post and getting the panels re-attached was a breeze compared to getting the old concrete out.

I walked to work a couple days this week.  Tried to get some bird and flower pictures, but nothing really came out that would be worth sharing.   I did get this landscape.  If you look close you can see a pole dancer.  I need to dig up my camera so I can get some better pics.

I have been playing Pokemon Go off/on for the last couple of years.  Well, one of the challenges was to make a new friend.  I convinced Candy to sign up so that we could become pokemon friends.   Well, I created a monster.  She is now hooked and want's to catch them all.  It's actually pretty cool that we can now play together.

We got out Friday night and went downtown to play.   Today we spent most of the day in Manitou Springs walking the streets and playing.   Not sure why it is so addictive, but we are having fun and spending time together and that's what's most important.

She learned how to take a picture with a pokemon in it.  Happy to share the results.


No comments: