Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Shinedown - Through the Ghost

Trying to get back in the groove of blogging and thought I would start off with music I am listing too.  This is one of my faves and wanted to share.



Speak of the devil
Look who just walked into the room
The guilted and faded
Notion of someone I once knew.
All the perfect moments are wrong

All the precious pieces are gone
Everything that mattered is just
A city of dust
Covering both of us
Did you hide yourself away?

I can't see you anymore
Did you eclipse another day?
I used to wake up to the color of your soul
Did you hide yourself away?

Are you living through the ghost?
Did you finally find a place
Above the shadows so the world will never know?
The world will never know you like I do
So many silent sorrows

You never hear from again
And now that you've lost tomorrow
Is yesterday still a friend?
All the bridges we built were burned

Not a single lesson was learned
Everything that mattered is just
A city of dust…


No comments: