Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Memorial Day Eats

Saturday night about 9 PM, I fired up the smoker.  I had a 20-pound brisket that had been marinated in a dry rub for 24 hours.  The fire was ready about 10 PM and put the brisket on the smoker. 

I headed off to bed for the night.  Left the bedroom door open so that I could keep an eye on things.   Woke up about 7 AM and pulled the brisket off the smoker and wrapped it in tin foil, tight.  Placed it in the oven at 225 and let it cook for the rest of the day.

While the meat was cooking, we made a seven layer salad (Actually Candy made it).  We stuffed some Jalapeno's and made some dinner rolls.

Our guests showed up around 5 PM and we ended up eating around 6 PM.  Not to pat myself on the back, but this was probably one of the best briskets I have cooked.  It was super moist and everyone loved it.  Had so much meat that we sent everyone home with a bag.

With the leftovers we had sandwiches and for dinner, we made brisket nachos.   I see brisket stew in my future.

No comments: