Sunday, May 13, 2018

Coming Together

Slowly my radial engine project is coming together.   I am getting closer but still have several things to figure out.  I have finished the crankcase and got all the holes drilled for the lifters and the spark plug wire.  I cut all the copper tubing that I will need. 

Painted the crankcase gray and sprayed with sealer.  Once they dried, then I mounted a cylinder head to each hexagon section.  I used glue and then three screws underneath.  That should hold together.

Now I am adding my copper tubing and spark plug.  Once I have all the heads done, then I will work to screw together the crankcase.  Like I said slowly but surely and so far it is looking pretty good.

I am still trying to figure out, what I will do for the back side so that it will be able to hang from the wall.  It's going to be pretty heavy once completed and then adding the propeller, I am guessing it will be close to 24 to 28 pounds.  I could still be off, will see if I can weigh it.



No comments: