Monday, June 15, 2015

The Circle of Life

I got up early and left the house to walk to work.  Took the long way and just about hit my daily goal by the time I arrive.  I was at 4.7/Miles.  Throw in the back and forth around the office and then the walk home I am just about at 9/Miles for the day.

As I was walking to work and almost out of the Park and to get on 8th street.  I could see this red headed bird head bopping up and down.  At first I thought it might be a pheasant or a turkey.  As I started walking through the grass it took off.  Turns out it was a red headed buzzard.  This is the first one I have seen around here.  As I approached to take its picture I caught a whiff of something decomposing.

The buzzard had been picking at a dead dear.   If it is still there tomorrow I will claim the head.  Oh don't go freaking out.  I have about 5 skulls in the backyard under a tree.  So I need to make sure I pack a couple of trash bags tonight.

This evening I was sitting in the backyard and the blue jays were going ape shit and squawking up a storm.  When we went to look a Hawk was sitting in there nest eating a baby chick.  Candy three a couple of pine cones at it and it flew off with the chick in its clutches.



No comments: