Saturday, July 11, 2015

Catching Up....

It’s been almost a month since my last post, sorry for keeping everyone hanging out there.  I know that you are on pins and needles to see what happens next.  You know what, I am each and every day, shit just happens and it’s not that it happened, it’s how you choose to deal with it.

I have noticed I am missing a couple of updates around Bears and Vultures.   My Last post was about the Deer and the Vulture I had come across.   The next day, Candy and I passed that way again on my way to work.  I took my good camera with me this time in hopes of getting some better pictures.   I am pretty pleased with this one.


Let's see, on June 6th we had a new visitor to our home.  I had let Pebbles out and shortly after she started barking.  I was on the computer and after a few minutes I got off my ass to see what she was barking at.  I walk out and look at her under the pine tree and looking up.  I look up and low and behold there is a Bear kicking back in the tree.   This is the first time I have seen one in a tree and most definitely the closest I have ever been to one.


Clark competed in a skate competition up in Denver.  I wasn't there but his girlfriend took some pictures.  I let him borrow my camera and was glad to see that it made it back in one piece.  I was even happier that Clark made it back in one piece as well.  I think he took 4th in this competition. 


We have about 20 or so Finches in the back yard going after the feeder.   I have to fill the socks at least once a week.   They are fun to watch.   I took a bunch of pictures one evening and after edits, I like this one the best.


Candy and I took the dogs out one day last week.  Again I took the camera and tried to capture as many different types of wild flowers that I could.  We have had some much rain that everything is growing like crazy and in bloom.


Our Raspberry bush is on it's third year and we are getting a bumper crop.  I have pulled off three colanders just as full over the last two weeks and there are plenty more.  They taste great and I have been eating them on my vanilla ice cream.


We were in Kansas visiting family for the 4th of July.  Had a great time and it was good to see my parents and my sister and her family.   I feel bad that I didn't get more pictures.  For that matter I only took two and they were of my dads airplane that he has rebuilt.  Very Impressive.


There was a free concert in the park.  Candy and I walked down and checked it out.  We had a couple of beers in the garden and them grabbed a bite to eat.   It was a lot of fun and I broke out my hat.  I had fun wearing it and it went will with my American Flag Vans.


No comments: