Saturday, August 31, 2013

Back for a few days, at least I hope that I am.  I was up in Chicago last week working.  Flew up on Monday and returned on Thursday.   While I was there I got the chance to see my sister and her family. We all went out to dinner and then got us some yogurt.  Good times and my nieces are growing up quick.

I didn’t do a very good job keeping up with the blog, nor did I get out and walk as much as I would have liked.   It was hot and humid, pretty rough when coming from Colorado’s dry climate.  So I added up my miles for the month and I was at 48.96 miles.  Now I have a target to beat in September, although I know it is going to be another tough travel month.

Took a little different approach on my shelving, two weeks ago I stood in the lumber department of Home Depot looking at my list and thinking about the task in front of me.  I also started thinking about the fact that the ones I build will be a permanent fixture.    I had looked before for some type of pre-fab shelving that would work, but  couldn't find what I wanted at a price I wanted to pay.   

I looked at Lowes and found a commercial 3-Tier Steel Freestanding Shelving that is adjustable and movable should I want to change.  I decided to go with them and they are going to work out great.   The only thing I want to change up is it came with wire shelves and I want plywood, so I have a flat surface.   Each section is 72-in H x 77-in W x 24-in D and I bought 4 of them and they span the length of the wall.


I came across a 59 Ford Ranchero today.   It was in pretty decent shape and I was told it was a California car.   The body was straight and all the chrome was on it.   Someone had swapped out the motor and made it a 4 speed on the floor.   Needed brakes, new wheels, interior but it was running and drive able.  I would love to have one of these, but would want a 57 or a 58. If you are looking for 59 Ford Ranchero project, this would be one to look at.



No comments: