Sunday, July 3, 2011

Let’s go Fishing

We woke up early and headed over to my parents house to pick up my dad.  I think we got to there house around 7:15AM.  All five of us loaded up in the truck and away we went.   My dad has a buddy who has a nice little farm pond loaded with large mouth Bass.   We usually run over there when we are town to wet a line.

 This morning we had pretty good luck.  Everyone caught fish!
Clark caught the first one and away we went.  Eric caught a couple and so did Candy.  I caught two nice size fish but my dad caught one that I am guessing weighed at least 5/pounds.

The pond was way down as parts of Kansas are in a drought.   We did get some rain this afternoon that helped cool things off but not enough to help with the drought.

After fishing we headed over to Stearman Field to have breakfast. (http://www.bentonairpark.com/index.pl?id=0)  They sure have a nice setup there.  A nice restaurant on the airfield.   While we were there we had one bi-plane and a helicopter buzzing around and giving rides.   We didn’t get a ride today but it did look like fun.

No comments: