Sunday, February 6, 2011

Making Tracks

We had a little snow last night, maybe about two inches. I headed out about 6:30AM to do a quick loop up and around GCR. Since I was the first one on the trail no one had a chance to ruin the animal tracks. I was amazed at all the tracks that I came across today. I came across Rabbit, Deer, Coyote, Raccoon and also what I think were Mountain Lion tracks. The Mountain Lion tracks were actually a pair. It was a little scary as I wondered if I was going to come across them.

The most tracks that I had seen were raccoon. They must have been out in full force last night as there were tracks all over from them.

It was snowing once I reached GCR and actually made the hike even more enjoyable. On the way down I had the wind and snow in my face so I quickened my step to get back. All in all ended up with just a little over 5/miles.

No comments: