Thursday, January 7, 2021

Trumped

Oh Boy, what a day in America yesterday.  A bunch of people who don't have a clue followed a man who only cares about himself and really made us all look stupid.  I would not be surprised if they all follow Dip Shit Don to Guyana and drink the kool-aid.  Probably the best thing that could happen to America.  If you don't understand what I am talking about, just google Jim Jones.

So let's see what else is going on.  Started a new project this week, building a balsa Gee Bee E5.  Should have it done in about a month.  Takes a while as you spend most of the time waiting for glue to dry, so it is a slow process.  Looking forward to having another hanger in my office.

Speaking of the office, wow it has been busy, busy and I hope it stays this way.   I feel bad for all those who are struggling but am thankful that I and both boys are still working.  Keeping our heads down and staying focused and hope to return to some normalcy at some point.

Even with COVID we had to say what the fuck and just get out of town.  Candy, Clark, Haley, and I all went to Florida the day after Christmas.   We all flew and for the most part, I wasn't too worried.  I would say that flying was the closest I have been to other people in while, but everyone whore their masks.

We had a great time.  It was nice to get out of the cold for a week and spending time on the beach, eating out, and riding bicycles.  Being that Florida is flat even a fat boy like me can get out and ride the bicycle.  


Candy and I spent most of our mornings out collecting seashells.  We would hit the various beaches early in the morning about an hour before low tide.   Most days we were out before sunrise and were able to enjoy the spectacle of the sun rising.  What a beautiful site coming up over the ocean.

This is the best time if you are a serious shell hunter.  The water didn't seem too cold and I was out in it looking for shells.  Not sure why we both have such a fascination for seashells, but I think it is the hunt for that perfect shell that makes it so fun.  I would say that we are shell snobs at this point and only looking for those that are perfect.

We would get back to the Condo around 10:30/11:00 and then grab the kids and we would hop on the bikes and head out for breakfast or lunch depending on the time.  Candy and I would then head out and try to catch Pokemon and the kids headed to the beach.

I would say that we drank too much that week.   Cocktails started anywhere between noon and two and we would be celebrating the rest of the day.  Nothing like drinking frozen pina colada's in December/January in 80-degree weather when you come from temperatures in the 30's.  Luckily none of us got pulled over for a BUI, but I will say we should have been on a couple of our outings.  What is a BUI, well bicycling under the influence.

If I could figure out how to do it.  I would move and live on Sanibel for the rest of my life.  It is just a great place to be, the weather is beautiful, and being Florida the people on the island are actually friendly.


In addition to all the shelling and biking, I was able to get a little fishing in.  Nothing major was caught, but I did land a few small fish.   I would fish in the evenings in the canal behind the condo.   This is where the grille was located with a picnic table and a couple of lounge chairs.   We would hang out in the evening and grille, fish, and of course have a few more cocktails.

Coming from Colorado, it was great to see everything so green and even flowers in bloom.  Just a much different climate than what we are used to.  

Being that it was close to Christmas the bike paths were illuminated with lights and made it
fun to ride through.   I am guessing we probably got at least 100 miles in on our bikes while we were there.  On the island, it is really the best way to get around.  Even when going to the grocery store we would ride our bikes and load the groceries in the basket on the bikes.

One day we headed out by car and went to Ft. Myers and played some miniature golf.  It was an awesome course with water, trees, and some challenging holes.  I have not played mini-golf in years and I think everyone had a really good time.  I know I did, well I won so of course, I did.

With the weather being so nice we also spent some time out on the Kyacks.  We had them for a couple of days and would sneak out and go for little trips in the canal.  The girls reported that they saw some large iguanas. 

All in all, it was a great seven days, and am already looking forward to making our next trip.  Below are all the photos that I couldn't squeeze in above.














No comments: