Saturday, October 1, 2016

Sanibel Island

A few weeks back Candy and I had the chance to be in Sanibel island for a few days.  We had a great time and found some really nice shells.  I was fighting a sinus infection but still managed to have a great time.

We road out bikes most days when we went out to eat or to shell on other beaches.  We ate at the condo several nights.  We would grab something to throw on the grill and fix and easy side.   This gave me some more time to do some fishing.

This trip I spent a lot of time digging for shells.   Basically you are out in the water and running your had along the sea floor.  when feel something sticking up just dig and most likely it is a shell.  A lot of them have visitors living in them so you leave them.  In several places every handful I would pull up nice shells.   I cant believe there a so many.  Every time we go it is a different shelling experience.   This trip we mainly found tulips and lighting whelks.




I had pretty decent luck fishing this trip.  I caught a 3ft shark and that was pretty exciting.   I got it up to the dock and ended up cutting the line.   You can be sure I wasn't going to stick my hand in it's mouth.   I also caught four catfish, and four other fish.  Had a great time just kicking back and fishing.

I had taken my two 1970's fishing machines with me and I caught fish on both of them.   I was using shrimp and pin fish for bait.   I caught the bigger fish using the small pin fish as bait.



No comments: