Sunday, July 31, 2016

Walters Brewing

Hello Everyone!  I hope that you had a good weekend.  It's 6:30 PM MST on Sunday July 31st.   Figured I would catch up on my activities for the weekend.

Candy's sister and brother in law arrived on Friday.  Friday evening Candy cooked up some baked chicken with green beans and potato's.  Both of the boys showed up, so we had a full house.   We sat out back and then had dinner.  After cleaning up everyone headed home or to their hotel.

Saturday morning we loaded up in the Avalanche and drove down to Florence CO.  They have numerous antique stores and a couple nice restaurants.  We spent most of the day walking up/down main street and checking out the various shops.

I found a couple of cool items.  The first item was a Fishing Machine.  I had never seen one like this, but a very similar idea to the Ronco Pocket Fisherman.   I got it for $8.00 dollars.  When we got home that evening I tried it out and it works great.   I need to restring it and will take it with me next time I head out.  If nothing else it will be a cool conversation piece.



The next item I picked up is also pretty cool in my opinion.  I picked up two steel sheets of un-rolled beer cans from the Walters Brewing Company in Pueblo Co.  Being that it was a Colorado brand and that it was out of business in 1974 it seemed pretty cool to me.  I figured I will frame the sheets and it can be my version of a Warhol.   Should look pretty good up on the shop.  Not sure what I will do with the second sheet.  In total their are 35 cans per sheet.


   
All in all, had a great day.  It was a lot of fun to walk through all the shops and see so much history.  How this little town in Southern Colorado can have so many full antique shops is pretty unique.

Today we drove up to the top of Pikes Peak.  We hand Candy's Sister and Husband with us.   Candy and I loaded up a cooler with some of Friday's chicken, potato salad, cookies and some other stuff we had at the house.  Made sure we had plenty of water for everyone and a couple of soda's.

We stopped at Crystal Lake and did a little walking around.  Took a couple of pictures and walked a little around the lake.  It was a pretty busy day with lots of park visitors.  Luckily the traffic wasn't bad.   We made our way up to the top and looked out over the mountains and down to the plains.   Grabbed some almonds and checked out the gift shop before making our way back down.







On the way down we found a nice picnic area with tables and stopped and had our lunch.   As we were eating the chipmunks came out and I was able to snag a couple of pictures.





I think we got home about 1:30 PM.  Our guest left and I took a quick nap.  

No comments: