Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Coo, coo, ca-choo, Mr. Robinson

Yes, yes I know Jesus loves me more than I will know.    Wow, so I just looked and it has been over a month since I posted anything up here on the blog.   Sorry folks, I have been busy with work, family and chores.  You know the drill and how it goes.

I am back to my hiking.  Making the time to get my fat butt on the trails and get some new pictures, stories and what ever else I may come across.   With gas prices lately it doesn’t hurt my feelings every time I walk past the gas station on my way to and from work.

Figured a Monday was a good day to start working my way back into the hiking routine.   So yesterday I did 5 miles by walking to and from work.    It was a little cool in the morning but nicer in the afternoon.   I started a new spreadsheet to keep track of my miles, diet and weight.   So if you pass what looks like Randy from A Christmas Story, honk because it is probably me.

I was supposed to take Clark to rent a tuxedo this evening and he bailed on me.  Mom will have to take him tomorrow.  Guess he decided to go to prom this year so needs a tux.  Mowed the yard this evening, did it need it? No but there were a few high spots.  I dropped the mower to the second lowest setting so I could try to suck up the pine needles and dog crap.  I don’t know how but I managed to fill two trash bags.

While out in the yard I snapped up a couple of pictures.  Going on three years now that we planted the Bradford pair tree pictured above.   This year it was loaded with flowers, more than we have had in the previous years.

In the front yard we have some scrub oak trees.   I don’t really care for them as each fall they drop their leaves and produce acorns.  Every year I have to clean out the rain gutters in the front as they are full of leaves and acorns.  So anyway this little bird has been busily working on its nest that it is building in one of the trees.   I have been watching him/her go at it now for about two weeks.

Happy Hiking

No comments: