Thursday, August 6, 2009

On my way to work

This week I took the camera with me and snapped a few pictures from my route to and from work. The direct route is 5/miles round trip. I try to mix it up and go different ways. The longest this week was 7.5/miles.

These pictures are from Bear Creek Park. This is the scenic route, maybe next week I will take pictures from the Urban Route. Which can at times be a very interesting, but that’s another story. I have been trying to get pictures of Coyotes. I came across one this week, but by the time I could get my camera out he/she was gone. In the spring I had come across two pups, but once again to slow with the camera. This year I have probably seen seven of them. Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/drobincorvette/20090805#

Tomorrow I am headed out early to drive down to La Junta, Co. The plan is to do the Palmer Loop Trail before I go to work and then head out early to drive down. I am going down to meet my parents and go to an auction. I am staying an extra day and will be hiking the Picket Wire Canyon Lands again. The following link has a picture and gives a great description of the attractions and how the canyon got its name: http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/psicc/coma/main/picketwireguide.shtml

I did this hike back in November out to the Dinosaur track site. You have to cross the Purgatory River, which is fun. So take extra sock if you go.


No comments: