Friday, August 15, 2008

Quick update

I wish I would have had my camera with me yesterday. I came across a coyote in Bear Creek Park. I want to get some pictures and will be sure to have it with me next week. Stepped out on the balcony at the office on Thursday and we had a BIG bear walking down the road. I yelled at the guys to come look and only one of them was able to catch a glance before it moved up the hill into the trees.

Mark you calendar. The date for the big hike is back on. Shooting for Oct. 5th, 6th and 7th. I should return on the 7th, and it will be close to 70+ miles. I get back on my 44th Birthday so I am really excited about this.

I will be in heavy training up to the departure date and will start wearing the big pack when I am walking to work to get used to carrying it.

Today I will cross the 500 mile mark. I only need to get 47.5 miles in for the rest of the month and I will be on track. I hope to be able to step it up for the next couple of months as winter is coming on.





No comments: