Sunday, July 24, 2016

Weekends Over

On Saturday we got up and went out to the flea market.  That’s always a good time.  We walked around and checked out the booths.  Came across some cool stuff but didn’t buy anything.  One thing that did catch my eye was an old wind generator.   I took a picture and will add this to the list of things I would like to make.  Mine would be for decoration, but I think it would be pretty cool.

Then we headed over to the farmers market and walked around.  We grabbed some lettuce and a few other items.  From there it was off to Wal-mart to pick up a few other items.  It was hot out on Saturday, so when we got home I aired up the swimming pool and filled it with water.   It sure felt good to jump in off/on and cool off.  This is the third time this year I have done this and if the heat keeps up I will be doing it again.

We are in what they call here the monsoon season.  It is warm during the day and we get some rain in the late afternoon that helps cool things off.  It rained on Saturday afternoon and started early today and has been overcast.

I wanted to plant another raspberry plant this year so I ran over to Home Depot this morning and bought the saddest looking plants.   I knew it was late in the year but these looked pretty bad.  I talked them into 75% off so I they were a $1.50 each.   I bought two raspberries and one blue berry.  The  blue berry plant was much better looking.   We also picked up some Shasta daisy’s.   We brought everything home and I went to work planting.


The raspberries are looking a little better now that they are in the ground and have gotten some water.   I cut off the dead leafs and cleaned the plant up.  Hopefully they will take and produce next year.  While planting Candy grabbed a picture of me planting her daisy’s. 

This evening we were sitting out back and we had a really nice red finch on the feeder.  I have been keeping the camera on the porch so that it is close and I can capture some of the wildlife.


No comments: