Sunday, June 24, 2018

Advertising

Our company picnic is this week.  So we bought a cornhole game from Wal-Mart for one of the activities.  I didn't see what we had ordered and offered to see if I could paint the logo on it.

I took it to the shop and pulled it out of the box.   Seems it comes unfinished so that you can do what you want with it.   This turned out to be a little more than I had planned for.




Luckily I had paint and what I needed so I went to town.   It's not a great match too our company colors, but I think this will work just fine.  I filled any holes with wood putty, then sanded the surface smooth, being sure to remove any excess putty.  Then it was just a matter of getting three coats of blue paint on.   I then taped off for the white line and then cut out the lettering for the company name.

Once the white dried, I then applied two coats of urethane, letting it dry before each coat.  I'll check on it tomorrow and see if it needs one more coat.

A couple weeks ago I finished my first XTIVIA Stearman.  It's in our office now in our cabinet of XTIVIA souvenirs.  I need to make a few more, I have another that is about done but just haven't had any time to focus on it.




No comments: