Saturday, November 18, 2017

More Steampunk Fun


Last week we took Pebbles to PetCo to get a bath, but mainly to have her toenails trimmed.  While we were waiting we stopped into Ross and looked around.   Found a bin with Nerf guns in it and they were cheap.   I grabbed one with the idea that I would see if I could steampunk it.  Seen several videos where people have done so and they looked pretty awesome.


This was a fun project.  I took it all apart and then painted all the parts black.   I then used what is called Rub and Buff, found it at Hobby Lobby and you apply and the buff and it gives it an aged look.   Came in the colors I wanted.  Once dry, I reassembled and then tested.  Still works great and looks good in my office.  I will be looking to do a few more of these as I think they would be cool gifts and it was easy and fun to make.





No comments: