Saturday, November 18, 2017

Making Changes

I am slowly getting my home office going.  I found a desk a few weeks back.  Found it online and Candy I went and checked it out.  This is what I was looking for as it has the industrial steampunk look that I am going for.  Not a fan of the blue drawers and may change out the color in the near future.  Love the polished metal look and that fact that it is all metal.  It was a challenge for Candy and me to move and to get it up the stairs and situated where we wanted it.

Then I found the style of chair that I wanted.  Again found it online and went and checked it out and bought it.  Found both the desk and chair using the facebook marketplace.  Pretty excited to now have a place to work at when I work from home. 


Once the desk and chair were in place I started working on my equipment.  I am going for a steampunk look and you can see what I did to my monitor.   I painted the base of the monitor and then used gold duct tape around the screen.  Had some old gauges at the shop and added them to the top of the monitor.   Used e6k to glue the gauges to the monitor.  

Added a strip of tape to my laptop as well as my keyboard.  While I was at it, I also made some changes to the paper shredder.  You can see what the shredder looked like when I started.  Also in the picture is the base of my monitor.  I taped off the top and the plastic window and then applied a couple coats of paint.   I added some handles on each side, just to give it a different look.   It came out really nice.  I was able to do this project in an afternoon, with most of the time waiting for the paint to dry.


Next on the list is to do something with the back wall.  I have been looking at removable wallpaper.  Candy turned me on to the idea and after doing some looking around I think we are going to go with a brick.  This may be a Christmas break project.

No comments: