Monday, August 8, 2016

Sign of the Gypsy Queen



Been feeling down this weekend.  Got some kind of sinus thing going on.  Waking up with a soar throat, then burning eyes and pressure in my head.  Slowed me down this weekend but I did get a few things done.   On Saturday we were planning to go hunting for camping spots, but with my burning eyes, I just couldn't see myself driving for four hours.   I kicked it on the couch for a bit and watched a little TV, about 9:30 AM I finally got moving.


Friday morning I got my corvette back.   It has been gone for just about two years.  I brought it home and parked it in the garage and then headed to work.  I wanted to hang out and gawk over it, but had shit to do.   After work on Friday we headed over to the pub and met up with the boys and a couple of friends from work.   We were celebrating Candy's 51st Birthday.   Had a few beers and some food.  I think she had a great time and it was nice that the boys could make it and celebrate with her.

Saturday morning after lying around I got up and backed the vette out and washed it all up.   It cleaned up nice and is really running good.  It should with all the work that has been done to it.  Luckily it was all covered by our car insurance. After I was done I drove it over to the shop and parked it there.  Did a little clean up and rearranging.  Just around 1 PM, I got back and we headed out for lunch.

On our way to lunch we came across an estate sale.   The house was big and it was full of stuff.  We walked through and I found a few small items.   I picked up some suspenders and a tie.  I also snagged a couple of boxes of fishing lures.   Figured I could do some type of display with them and my Fishing Machine that I picked up.

When we got home I laid down on the couch and fell asleep.   Candy was messing around with her embroidery machine.   When I woke up she showed me what she had knocked out.   She put her initials on a pair of converse.  I think these are pretty cool.


I pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon and evening on the couch and then just went to bed early.

Feeling a little better today but still not moving to fast.  I did head over to the shop this morning and cut up a piece of wood to hold my lures and fishing machine.   I cut down 1/8 inch piece of plywood to fit and then cut a slit at every inch.   This allows the hooks to slide through and be underneath the wood.  When I got the lures they were all tangled and hooked together in a box.  I slid all the lures on and then placed everything in a wooden box.   No idea what I am going to do with it and I don't have any place to display it, guess I will box it and put it up in the attic at the shop.



No comments: